Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Patching Holes, Caulking Cracks

It's time to tackle wall patching and the one mega area of disaster.

Popping the old back splash titles off left me with a big nasty mess of glue. It WOULD NOT come off without taking the top coat plaster with it...

...so I chiseled the whole mess off.

Redneck Friend took the lead on rebuilding that section of wall. We consulted Mr. Darker for advice, and then got to work.

Redneck Friend came by five or six different times to slowly build it layer by layer.

Then he covered the old plumbing holes with a screen-like patch.

More layers...Ready for sanding!
Thanks Redneck Friend (and Mr. Darker)!

In the meantime, I had a hole in the corner to work on...And a problem with the wall separating from the ceiling...Uncle Biker Chef told me that he had used some paintable caulk to fill in cracks, so I looked into it. Sure enough, it worked great!
That caulk smoothed out beautifully! Thanks Uncle Biker Chef!

With the walls coming together, I feel some painting coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment