Friday, July 22, 2011

Free Chick-fil-A Food x3!

Wife and I love Chick-fil-A and free stuff, so we dressed up like cows for Chick-fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day! Free meals!

Don't know about Cow Appreciation Day?
Don't have a Chick-fil-A?
Don't want to dress up like a cow in public?
STINKS to be you, my friend. Stinks to be you.

Wife and I jumped at the chance this year, as usual.
For starters, it aligns with two of my life principles:
  • If it's free, take it*
  • If it's free food, eat it
When an awesome restaurant offers you free food for taping cow spots on your clothes, I suggest you do it.

And if you have three locations within a reasonable driving distance, I suggest you hit all three of them up in one day...

...like I did.

Free Meal #1: Breakfast
Sidekicks: Wife, Redneck Friend
The Haul: Chicken biscuit, hash browns, sweet tea


All this was free just for wearing a few cow spots, cow ears, and an "Eat Mor Chikin" sign. What a way to start the day!

Free Meal #2: Lunch
Sidekicks: Redneck Friend, Peeps from work
The Haul: Chicken sandwich w/ cheese and bacon, waffle fries, Coke with lemon

We ate in for lunch, and the place was buzzing. There were a few unimpressed-looking people who acted too cool to participate in the tomfoolery, but I just clutched my free food and mooed at them.

Free Meal #3: Dinner
Sidekicks: Solo mission
The Haul: Grilled chicken club sandwich w/ honey roasted BBQ sauce, carrot and raisin salad, sweet tea

Wife left me for another state, so I worked a little late and hit the drive-thru on the way home. This was my first time going alone, so the drive-thru really came in handy.

Now tell me: how could all this free food not make your day? No need to let embarrassment stop you: I have all kinds of tricks to make the whole thing a manly, respectable experience.

Maybe I'll share those ideas sometime...


*Please use discretion. Don't get crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to +1 this....wait.....just about....THERE - PLUS ONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...the Schallmos were driving back from NY that day and when we got far enough south, we draped black shirts over ourselves and ripped up tissues and scattered them on us for white spots...you KNOW we would have been right there with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete