Monday, August 29, 2011

Groundhog Ate My Garden!

THAT'S IT! That groundhog has gone too far!

There's been a fat groundhog living under my shed for a long time, but he has never bothered anything...until now.

Just when Wife and I were starting to get some bounty out of our backyard garden the groundhog decided to help himself and eat my vegetables. I object!

First, the groundhog dug under my garden fence.

I filled the whole in and covered it with a block, but he dug under the fence AND the block the very next day. Lame!

Then, he decided to take a few bites out of my roma tomatoes.

He wasn't even decent enough to take them with him. He just ate half and left the rest. Waste! Even worse, he ate almost every bloom off of our green bean vines. The beans are looking pretty sad now.

AND THEN, as if that were not bad enough, he committed the ultimate crime: that groundhog ate a whole head of purple cabbage!

Look at that! He just leveled the whole thing.

I try to be patient. I really do. But don't eat my vegetables. Not cool.

Wife and I already have a city garden, which can be trying. On top of that we fight off city deer and maintain a fence to keep them out. And now I've got a groundhog digging holes and eating my bounty!

*Solution: Redneck Friend. This is a city garden, and groundhogs are country critters. I need a man with county experience to take care of this.

I called my secret weapon, Redneck Friend. He is pumped and ready to take care of this. I won't meddle in methods: that's his job. All I know is that groundhogs and my garden don't mix.

The next time my vegetables are eaten, it will be with my own teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan says you should've let him take care of that thing a loooooong time ago.... ;)

    ReplyDelete