Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Under-Cabinet Lighting Causes Obesity

I fear that under-cabinet lighting may cause obesity. Emanating light that warmly illuminates foods so deliciously that they beg to be consumed is certain to trump even the most iron of wills.

Our lights are only shining on a pile a dust and tools, but I'm sure my theory will prove true once we are completely moved back in.

Did I say "our lights" just then? Oh yeah!
We have under-cabinet lighting!

Installing under-cabinet lighting was pretty easy, thanks to Father, The Squirrel, Father's electrical planning, Father's six-foot drill bit, and...oh yeah, a hot glue gun I borrowed from IZ.

It's pretty straight forward: we measured, installed the lights, drilled holes up to the attic, and ran the wires up.

I knew I would not be able to sleep at night with the wires that messy looking, so Father recommended a hot glue gun. IZ had one, so I did a drive-by borrowing. He even came out to the car in his famous house shoes to give it to me.

Thanks IZ!

Now doesn't that look better? You hardly notice the wires when you open the cabinet. Now I can sleep better (I know Mr. Vegas is feeling me on this one).

Father showed me how to do the attic wiring, then I showed The Squirrel.
Then I watched The Squirrel do the wiring while I rubbed the cramp out of my leg. I'm done with attics for a while, I hope.

The new light switch by the sink will now operate the under-cabinet lighting. Yes!

The light kit I bought also came with a touch dimmer, so we threw it up too. Works great!

That's one more thing to check off of my list, which is getting shorter by the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment